Wednesday 27 March 2013

The Wanderer


This is a fun little project that I really need to get back to. I wanted to try a diary-like presentation of a story. I'll post the next parts shortly:

September 4th, 1478
I decided to, before continuing my travels, visit the tombs of my Father and Brother.  I traveled to Baltani, where my father was rumoured to have died near, and constructed a proper burial for him, although I could not find his body. Even that conniving fool, who used the beliefs of apparently himself and for definite others merely for his own gain, I still held some sentiment towards.
I then visited my older brother’s tomb. It took me a while, and a lot of researching and prying, but I finally found his tomb in Târgoviște. What a nostalgic location for his death. It brought back memories of a better time, when I used to live there with my younger brother. Strange, then, that it is my older brother I find there now. I was almost horrified when I found his remains. There were scratch marks on the walls of the tomb he had been buried in, and the bones of his fingers were worn to such a degree…. It was obvious he had been put in here…. Alive. It shocked me, to be sure, but it wasn't so mortifying after the massacres and tortures I myself have inflicted upon people. Some would even call me a monster; and to that statement, many have. Besides, that unworthy bastard always received the luck and advantages in life that I was so deprived. I had to make myself what he was given.
There was no need to visit my younger brother. I already knew what had become of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment